No operation in North Waziristan: Pak Army
Islamabad: The Pakistan Army has reportedly announced that no military operation will be launched in the country’s North Waziristan region, despite having vowed to take on militants in the area only a few days back.
According to a statement attributed to the Army Headquarters, Miranshah, troops were not in North Waziristan to start operation, but to carry out uplift projects.
The radio quoted Army sources as saying that development will be done with the help of tribesmen, the Nation reports.
According to the paper, the Pakistan Army advised people not to listen to the speculations about the operation.
The radio also said Western media was hell-bent to destroy Pakistan.
Neither the Pak Army nor ISAF will be allowed to launch any operation in North Waziristan, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown