No operation in North Waziristan: Pak Army
Islamabad: The Pakistan Army has reportedly announced that no military operation will be launched in the country’s North Waziristan region, despite having vowed to take on militants in the area only a few days back.
According to a statement attributed to the Army Headquarters, Miranshah, troops were not in North Waziristan to start operation, but to carry out uplift projects.
The radio quoted Army sources as saying that development will be done with the help of tribesmen, the Nation reports.
According to the paper, the Pakistan Army advised people not to listen to the speculations about the operation.
The radio also said Western media was hell-bent to destroy Pakistan.
Neither the Pak Army nor ISAF will be allowed to launch any operation in North Waziristan, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- CM Mehbooba Mufti favours abrogation of AFSPA from parts of J&K; says if successful it can be revoked in entirety
- EPFO likely to raise equity investment to 10%
- West Indies vs India: Statistical highlights — Records for Saha, pace pair Shami and Yadav
- West Indies vs India, 1st Test: 5-star Ashwin dominates hosts on Day 4
- Televangelist Zakir Naik's aides make startling revelations, it will shock you -- Read