No operation in North Waziristan: Pak Army
Islamabad: The Pakistan Army has reportedly announced that no military operation will be launched in the country’s North Waziristan region, despite having vowed to take on militants in the area only a few days back.
According to a statement attributed to the Army Headquarters, Miranshah, troops were not in North Waziristan to start operation, but to carry out uplift projects.
The radio quoted Army sources as saying that development will be done with the help of tribesmen, the Nation reports.
According to the paper, the Pakistan Army advised people not to listen to the speculations about the operation.
The radio also said Western media was hell-bent to destroy Pakistan.
Neither the Pak Army nor ISAF will be allowed to launch any operation in North Waziristan, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- In awe of the Master! WATCH how Sakshi Malik requested Sachin Tendulkar to take a selfie with her brother
- Coal imports in July dip 11% to 18 MT
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet