`No phantom Hindu conspiracy out to get Pakistanis`
Karachi: Referring to the recent blast on Karachi`s University Road that killed two people, an editorial in a Pakistani daily has said it should be clear that there is no phantom Jewish or Hindu conspiracy out to get the Pakistanis.
It is hard to say exactly who is behind the August 17 blast in Karachi. It is not even sure if the explosion was caused by an IED, as the police claimed, or whether it was the result of a gas cylinder explosion, as several news channels reported.
The editorial in The Express Tribune said what the authorities now need to do is to ensure that all these lives lost do not go completely in vain. Tracking down the perpetrators of the attacks is only the first step, and yet, one that has rarely been taken up whole-heartedly by the law-enforcement agencies, it said.
There is a need for change in the mindsets of the government and the military which, rather than ignoring the fact that militant groups that have had official patronage in the past are now behind the anti-Shia attacks, need to take them on, it added.
For there to even be a small chance of this happening, the people themselves will need an awakening, it said. The fact that this attack appeared to target protestors heading to an Al-Quds rally will surely be picked up as proof by the conspiracy theorists that external forces, like Israel, are actually behind this and all other similar attacks in Pakistan. The impressionable followers of such propagators will then spread the word and soon the issue will be muddied and confused, it added.
Pakistan is a country where one sect has no problem attacking the other weaker sect, and its citizens should own up to that. Until the time this realisation sinks, Pakistan would continue to witness such despicable acts of terror occurring on a regular basis, it concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security