‘No restrictions by Kuwait on issuing visas to Pakistanis’
Islamabad: Pakistan on Monday announced that
Kuwait had not imposed any restrictions on issuing visas to
its nationals, saying reports in this regard were "baseless
The Kuwaiti Embassy in Islamabad confirmed to
Pakistan’s Foreign Ministry that a news report in Kuwaiti
newspapers which claimed that entry visas and work permit
visas for Pakistani nationals had been stopped was baseless
and incorrect, the Foreign Office said in a statement.
The Kuwaiti Embassy "further assured that no
instructions in this regard have been issued by the government
of Kuwait", the statement said.
Sections of the Arabian media had reported that Kuwait
had banned nationals of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan and
Afghanistan from entering the country.
The ban included suspending all tourism, visit and
trade visas as well as visas sponsored by spouses, the reports
The ban was attributed to the "difficult security
conditions in the five countries" and to the "remarkably
increasing tendency" of nationals from the five countries to
apply for Kuwaiti visas for relatives who faced or could face
arrest by local authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city