No stone to be left unturned to ensure justice in 26/11: Pak
New Delhi: Within days of reports that Mumbai terror attackers were trained in Lashkar-e-Toiba training camps in Karachi, Pakistan on Thursday said it was seriously pursuing 26/11 case and "no stone will be left unturned" to ensure justice.
It also expressed hope that the normalised visa regime between Pakistan and India will become operational soon.
"As far as Government of Pakistan is concerned, as far as prosecution is concerned, they are doing their best to ensure that justice is done and no stone would be left unturned," Salman Bashir, Pakistan High Commissioner to India, told reporters after inaugurating his country`s pavilion at the 32nd India International Trade Fair here.
He was replying to a question about Pakistani probe agencies saying in the court there that the conspiracy of 26/11 Mumbai attack was planned on the country`s soil.
He also said that the Pakistan government and prosecution there were seriously pursuing the case.
Asked about the mastermind of Mumbai attack Hafiz Saeed roaming freely in Pakistan, he said, "Hafiz Saeed or whoever it is... The whole issue, we believe should be dealt in accordance with law, if there is any evidence, that`s another thing. I must remind you that Hafiz Saeed was set free after due judicial process by the High Court."
The Pakistan`s High Commissioner said the relationship between India and Pakistan has moved forward beyond Samjhuata blast probe or Mumbai attack trial and "we have always believed that on the issues like the fight against terrorism, drugs and crime, the only way forward was to work together."
On issue of demilitarising Siachen as proposed by Pakistan Army, Bashir said he hopes to "see some progress, meeting of minds, irrespective of the views".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read