Non-resident Pakistanis allowed to vote
Islamabad: Over 3.7 million Pakistanis living outside the country were Tuesday allowed by the election commission to vote in the next general elections.
The landmark decision came at a meeting of the Election Commission of Pakistan, chaired by its secretary Ishtiaq Ahmed Khan, the Online news agency reported.
Sources said non-resident Pakistanis above 18 years of age would be tracked by the National Database and Registration Authority and they would be sent ballot papers by post.
The next general elections are scheduled for 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC topper Tina Dabi's advice to girl students - Read
- Omar Abdullah rubbishes Mehbooba Mufti's claim, says ''she was aware of security encounter with Wani''
- Mainpuri Dalit couple murder: Akhilesh govt assures speedy justice to victim's kin
- Church attacker threatened France in new video
- Australian PM says won't back former leader Rudd for top UN job