Not aware of Pak CJ son`s case: Rehman Malik
Islamabad: Pakistan`s former interior minister Rehman Malik has denied knowledge of any film related to Arsalan Iftikhar, son of Pakistan Supreme Court Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry and who is allegedly involved in a graft case.
Malik, now an adviser on interior affairs to Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, has also categorically denied that the government is aware of the film, Dawn reported on Wednesday.
In a statement issued under oath, Malik said neither he nor the Federal Interior Ministry had any information about a film on Arsalan Iftikhar.
The Chief Justice had earlier stepped down from a Supreme Court bench hearing the suo motu case of his son allegedly receiving millions of rupees from powerful real-estate tycoon Malik Riaz.
Rehman Malik has been accused of making a video of Arsalan Iftikhar and giving it to Malik Riaz.
Malik has said that the accusations levelled by certain television anchors are unfounded and fabricated. He has directed that a Rs 3 billion (about USD 32 million) suit to be filed against the anchors.
Meanwhile, a three-member bench headed by Chief Justice Chaudhry on Wednesday resumed hearing in a case relating to the dual nationality of Pakistani citizens.
The case is being heard by the bench following a petition seeking a declaration against parliamentarians and members of different provincial assemblies holding dual nationality.
On June 05, the apex court suspended Rehman Malik`s Senate membership for holding dual nationality.
The Supreme Court had also issued notice to 14 other parliamentarians and members of provincial assemblies belonging to the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre