Not aware of Pak CJ son`s case: Rehman Malik
Islamabad: Pakistan`s former interior minister Rehman Malik has denied knowledge of any film related to Arsalan Iftikhar, son of Pakistan Supreme Court Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry and who is allegedly involved in a graft case.
Malik, now an adviser on interior affairs to Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, has also categorically denied that the government is aware of the film, Dawn reported on Wednesday.
In a statement issued under oath, Malik said neither he nor the Federal Interior Ministry had any information about a film on Arsalan Iftikhar.
The Chief Justice had earlier stepped down from a Supreme Court bench hearing the suo motu case of his son allegedly receiving millions of rupees from powerful real-estate tycoon Malik Riaz.
Rehman Malik has been accused of making a video of Arsalan Iftikhar and giving it to Malik Riaz.
Malik has said that the accusations levelled by certain television anchors are unfounded and fabricated. He has directed that a Rs 3 billion (about USD 32 million) suit to be filed against the anchors.
Meanwhile, a three-member bench headed by Chief Justice Chaudhry on Wednesday resumed hearing in a case relating to the dual nationality of Pakistani citizens.
The case is being heard by the bench following a petition seeking a declaration against parliamentarians and members of different provincial assemblies holding dual nationality.
On June 05, the apex court suspended Rehman Malik`s Senate membership for holding dual nationality.
The Supreme Court had also issued notice to 14 other parliamentarians and members of provincial assemblies belonging to the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!