Now, Pakistan gets an Aam Aadmi Party
Lahore: The success of Aam Admi Party in India seems to have crossed boundaries and inspired people in Pakistan, where a party has been launched with the same name.
A group led by Arslan-ul-Mulk, a rights activist from Gujranwala, has registered Aam Admi Party (AAP) with the Election Commission of Pakistan.
The AAP chairman said his party will strive to make Pakistan a country as dreamt by its founder Mohammed Ali Jinnah.
Interestingly, Mulk has announced to sit on a hunger strike, a form of protest widely undertaken by the leaders of Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP, outside Punjab Assembly next week.
The leaders of AAP will sit on strike in front of the Assembly demanding acceptance of Police Reforms and Anti Torture Bill 2014. The assembly is currently in session.
"Is today`s Pakistan Quaid-e-Azam Mohammed Ali Jinnah had envisioned? Is this a state where all are equal and enjoying the fruits of freedom? The present leadership, both political and bureaucracy, has lost the essence of why Pakistan was created". The AAP will strive for that cherished dream of the founder of Pakistan," Mulk said.
He said: "Twenty AAP workers and I were detained and tortured at central Jail Gujranwala last month. Physical assaults, illegal forced physical labour and detention in solitary cells kept for hardened criminals commonly known as "Chaki`s" were meted out to us."
He said his party would protest against police torture.
"I have chosen hunger strike as an ultimate mode of political protest against pervasive injustice," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday