Now royal wedding in Bhutan, young King to marry this year
Thimphu: Bhutan will witness royal
wedding later this year when the 31-year-old King Jigme Khesar
Namgyel Wangchuck ties the knot with an India-educated girl,
who hails from a common background.
Making an announcement himself in this regard in
Parliament today, the King said his Queen-to-be 21-year-old
Jetsun Pema is a "warm and kind in heart and character" and
she would "support and work" with him as he serves the people
Media reports said the royal wedding is planned for
Pema has been educated at St. Josephs Convent,
Kalimpong, West Bengal and the Lawrence School, Sanawar,
Himachal Pradesh. Pema hails from common background.
"As King, it is now time for me to marry. After much
thought I have decided that the wedding shall be later this
year," said the dynamic Oxford-educated Wangchuck who was
crowned the King in 2008.
"Now, many will have their own idea of what a queen
should be like - that she should be uniquely beautiful,
intelligent and graceful. I think with experience and time,
one can grow into a dynamic person in any walk of life with
the right effort.
"For the queen, what is most important is that at all
times, as an individual she must be a good human being, and as
queen, she must be unwavering in her commitment to serve the
People and Country.
"As my queen, I have found such a person and her name
is Jetsun Pema. While she is young, she is warm and kind in
heart and character. These qualities together with the wisdom
that will come with age and experience will make her a great
servant to the nation," he said.
Making it clear that "this union does not mean that I
am starting my own family", he said, "from the very day I
received the Dhar Ngay-Nga from the sacred Machhen, the people
of the 20 Dzongkhags became my family. Such is the duty and
privilege of all Kings of Bhutan. It is through this union,
that I shall have a Queen who will support, and work with me,
as I serve the People and Country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days