Now royal wedding in Bhutan, young King to marry this year
Thimphu: Bhutan will witness royal
wedding later this year when the 31-year-old King Jigme Khesar
Namgyel Wangchuck ties the knot with an India-educated girl,
who hails from a common background.
Making an announcement himself in this regard in
Parliament today, the King said his Queen-to-be 21-year-old
Jetsun Pema is a "warm and kind in heart and character" and
she would "support and work" with him as he serves the people
Media reports said the royal wedding is planned for
Pema has been educated at St. Josephs Convent,
Kalimpong, West Bengal and the Lawrence School, Sanawar,
Himachal Pradesh. Pema hails from common background.
"As King, it is now time for me to marry. After much
thought I have decided that the wedding shall be later this
year," said the dynamic Oxford-educated Wangchuck who was
crowned the King in 2008.
"Now, many will have their own idea of what a queen
should be like - that she should be uniquely beautiful,
intelligent and graceful. I think with experience and time,
one can grow into a dynamic person in any walk of life with
the right effort.
"For the queen, what is most important is that at all
times, as an individual she must be a good human being, and as
queen, she must be unwavering in her commitment to serve the
People and Country.
"As my queen, I have found such a person and her name
is Jetsun Pema. While she is young, she is warm and kind in
heart and character. These qualities together with the wisdom
that will come with age and experience will make her a great
servant to the nation," he said.
Making it clear that "this union does not mean that I
am starting my own family", he said, "from the very day I
received the Dhar Ngay-Nga from the sacred Machhen, the people
of the 20 Dzongkhags became my family. Such is the duty and
privilege of all Kings of Bhutan. It is through this union,
that I shall have a Queen who will support, and work with me,
as I serve the People and Country."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list