NSA Jones meets David Petraeus in Kabul
Washington: National Security Advisor
James Jones made an unannounced but a significant trip to
Kabul, on his way back from India and discussed regional
security with top US officials in Afghanistan.
Jones yesterday met US Ambassador to Afghanistan, Karl
Eikenberry, David Petraeus, Commander of US and NATO forces in
Afghanistan, said Benjamin Chang, Deputy Spokesman of the
National Security Council.
The unannounced trip to Kabul assumes significance in
view of Jones trip to New Delhi where Afghanistan and regional
security was an important topics of discussions with the
"He had just concluded a visit to New Delhi for
meetings with Indian officials and took advantage of being in
the region to make the brief stop.
He discussed the current security situation, regional
stability, and the upcoming Kabul Conference," Chang said in a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends