Obama expresses desire to meet Nawaz Sharif soon
Lahore: US President Barack Obama has congratulated Pakistan`s prime minister-elect Nawaz Sharif on his recent victory in the polls, through a phone call, and has also expressed his wish to meet Sharif soon.
A press release issued by the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), stated that Obama conveyed his best wishes on behalf of the people of America and also praised Sharif`s courage for running the election campaign in adverse circumstances, reports The Dawn.
The US president further said that America is looking forward to even stronger friendly and economic ties with Pakistan.
Sharif thanked President Obama for the friendly gesture of felicitating him.
Meanwhile, Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina also congratulated Sharif on his victory at the just concluded elections in Pakistan.
In a message of felicitations, the Bangladesh premier said that the victory is reflective of the trust of the people of Pakistan for Sharif`s party.
Moreover, Rahul Gandhi of India`s Congress party also felicitated the PML-N chief on his recent victory in the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing