Obama expresses desire to meet Nawaz Sharif soon
Lahore: US President Barack Obama has congratulated Pakistan`s prime minister-elect Nawaz Sharif on his recent victory in the polls, through a phone call, and has also expressed his wish to meet Sharif soon.
A press release issued by the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), stated that Obama conveyed his best wishes on behalf of the people of America and also praised Sharif`s courage for running the election campaign in adverse circumstances, reports The Dawn.
The US president further said that America is looking forward to even stronger friendly and economic ties with Pakistan.
Sharif thanked President Obama for the friendly gesture of felicitating him.
Meanwhile, Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina also congratulated Sharif on his victory at the just concluded elections in Pakistan.
In a message of felicitations, the Bangladesh premier said that the victory is reflective of the trust of the people of Pakistan for Sharif`s party.
Moreover, Rahul Gandhi of India`s Congress party also felicitated the PML-N chief on his recent victory in the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal