Obama expresses desire to meet Nawaz Sharif soon
Lahore: US President Barack Obama has congratulated Pakistan`s prime minister-elect Nawaz Sharif on his recent victory in the polls, through a phone call, and has also expressed his wish to meet Sharif soon.
A press release issued by the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), stated that Obama conveyed his best wishes on behalf of the people of America and also praised Sharif`s courage for running the election campaign in adverse circumstances, reports The Dawn.
The US president further said that America is looking forward to even stronger friendly and economic ties with Pakistan.
Sharif thanked President Obama for the friendly gesture of felicitating him.
Meanwhile, Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina also congratulated Sharif on his victory at the just concluded elections in Pakistan.
In a message of felicitations, the Bangladesh premier said that the victory is reflective of the trust of the people of Pakistan for Sharif`s party.
Moreover, Rahul Gandhi of India`s Congress party also felicitated the PML-N chief on his recent victory in the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video