Obama greets Pakistanis on their National Day
Washington: Greeting people of Pakistan
on the occasion of its National Day, US President Barack Obama
today pledged to remain a partner of all Pakistanis who "seek
to build a future of peace and prosperity".
Sending his best wishes to the people of Pakistan and
all those of Pakistani descent in America and around the world
observing Pakistan National Day, Obama said: "Seventy years
ago, Muhammad Ali Jinnah and those of the independence
generation declared their dreams of self-determination and
"Today, the people of Pakistan are carrying on the
great work of Quaid-e Azam," Obama said in his message issued
on the occasion of Pakistan National Day, being marked today.
"In these efforts, the American people are proud to
join in the education, health and economic partnerships that
can improve the daily lives of Pakistanis and their families,"
"Here in the United States, our country is enriched
by the many Pakistani Americans who excel as doctors, small
business owners, students, members of our armed forces and in
many other fields," he added.
"On this National Day, we give thanks for the
contributions of these fellow Americans, and the United States
pledges to remain a partner of all Pakistanis who seek to
build a future of peace and prosperity," Obama said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation