Officer probing Pak PM corruption case committed suicide: Autopsy report
Islamabad: Kamran Faisal, the deceased National Accountability Bureau (NAB) investigation officer, who was investigating the rental power plants (RPPs) scandal case, which involved Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf, committed suicide and was not murdered, his final autopsy report has confirmed.
The report further noted that they found no traces whatsoever of drugs in his body that wee prescribed to him by neurologists.
The forensic report was prepared through a joint collaboration of the Islamabad polyclinic and Dr Abdul Mateen from the forensic department of Rawalpindi Medical College (RMC), the Express Tribune reports.
The report said that the injuries found on Faisal`s body were there because of blood clots and not violence.
It further noted that the Faisal`s fingerprints were found on the knots of the noose from which the officer hanged himself.
The medical report asserted that these injuries occurred because supply of oxygen was cut off and can occur on any part of the body, and did not provide evidence of murder or violence against Faisal.
Through the report, investigators have now also questioned the police proceedings on this case by criticizing police investigators for not acting earlier to determine as to who brought the dead body down nor for confirming Faisal`s fingerprint earlier, the report said.
Faisal was the key investigator looking after all proceedings on the rental power case in the Supreme Court.
In this case the apex court was investigating corruption in the power and energy sectors and had directly implicated the incumbent Prime Minister Raja Pervaiz Ashraf, who is also a former minister water and power, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi