Officials say bomb kills 3 in southern Afghanistan
Kabul: Provincial officials say a suicide car bomber killed three civilians and wounded another six in Afghanistan`s southern Uruzgan province.
Abdullah Himmat, a spokesman for the provincial governor, said today`s blast occurred near the police headquarters of Uruzgan`s Dehra Wood district.
Fareed Ayal, a spokesman for the provincial police, says the car apparently detonated prematurely before it reached the gate of the headquarters.
Insurgents and Taliban fighters often use suicide bombers to target government buildings, convoys and foreign troops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city