Olympics visa scam: UK agents in Pakistan
London: Highly-trained British agents have been in Pakistan working with authorities there to prevent security breaches during the Olympic Games in London.
The news came after British tabloid, The Sun, reported that a crime ring in Pakistan was offering to provide fake passports and visas, as well as help smuggle bogus individuals into Olympic venues posing as members of athletes` support teams, reports the Daily Star.
An undercover reporter was provided with a fake Pakistani passport for GBP 600 and he was offered a UK visa and an official letter saying he was part of the Olympic squad`s entourage for a further GBP 7,000, which the newspaper suggested could provide an avenue for terrorists seeking to target the Games, The Sun had stated.
The Prime Minister`s spokesman said: "My understanding is that we are confident that we have the checks in place and the arrangements in place to deal with these issues. The delegation lists for the Olympic Games are very tightly controlled and when it comes to Pakistan we have had highly-trained staff based in Pakistan dealing with the authorities there to deal with this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly