Olympics visa scam: UK agents in Pakistan
London: Highly-trained British agents have been in Pakistan working with authorities there to prevent security breaches during the Olympic Games in London.
The news came after British tabloid, The Sun, reported that a crime ring in Pakistan was offering to provide fake passports and visas, as well as help smuggle bogus individuals into Olympic venues posing as members of athletes` support teams, reports the Daily Star.
An undercover reporter was provided with a fake Pakistani passport for GBP 600 and he was offered a UK visa and an official letter saying he was part of the Olympic squad`s entourage for a further GBP 7,000, which the newspaper suggested could provide an avenue for terrorists seeking to target the Games, The Sun had stated.
The Prime Minister`s spokesman said: "My understanding is that we are confident that we have the checks in place and the arrangements in place to deal with these issues. The delegation lists for the Olympic Games are very tightly controlled and when it comes to Pakistan we have had highly-trained staff based in Pakistan dealing with the authorities there to deal with this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?