One dead, 10 injured in blast in Lahore
Islamabad: At least one person died and 10 others were injured in a blast outside a hotel in old Anarkali area of Lahore, also called the `food street`.
Eye witnesses said an unknown person had left a bag in the area prior to the blast, the Express Tribune reports.
According to the report, the intensity of the blast was very high as several windows and glass doors of the near-by buildings in the area were shattered.
Old Anarkali is a popular public spot and is frequented by people especially in the morning for breakfast, and on weekends, the report added.
The area has been cordoned off by the police and the Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) has reached the incident site. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!