One dead, 20 injured in attacks on Pak Navy buses
Karachi: Twin bomb attacks targeting buses
packed with Pakistani naval employees killed at least one
person and injured more than 20 others here on Tuesday.
The first blast hit a bus carrying about 50 people in the
upmarket Defence area of Karachi at about 7.40 am local time.
At least 15 people were injured in the attack.
Police officer Ijaz Khwaja told the media that a mangled
motorcycle was found near the bus, triggering suspicion that
the explosive device was planted in it.
The blast also damaged several cars and homes.
Another bus carrying naval employees to work was hit by
the second blast in Baldia town area about 10 minutes later.
TV news channels reported that at least one person was
killed and more than five others injured in the second attack.
At least one woman, a passer-by, was among the injured,
The injured were taken to a naval hospital.
There was confusion about the nature of the blasts. While
PTV described both blasts as suicide attacks, other news
channels reported that one of the attacks was carried out
using a bomb planted in a motorcycle.
Large contingents of paramilitary and armed forces
personnel cordoned off the sites of both blasts.
Members of the bomb disposal squad scoured the sites for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part III
- Doctors say bill is 'black day' for surrogacy, will spawn corruption
- Naqvi launches websites for Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Fire in Delhi's Hauz Khas area, one dead
- Harambe killing: Cincinnati zoo deletes official Twitter account
- No scientific evidence proves Farakka Dam caused Bihar floods: Sushil