One dead, 20 injured in attacks on Pak Navy buses
Karachi: Twin bomb attacks targeting buses
packed with Pakistani naval employees killed at least one
person and injured more than 20 others here on Tuesday.
The first blast hit a bus carrying about 50 people in the
upmarket Defence area of Karachi at about 7.40 am local time.
At least 15 people were injured in the attack.
Police officer Ijaz Khwaja told the media that a mangled
motorcycle was found near the bus, triggering suspicion that
the explosive device was planted in it.
The blast also damaged several cars and homes.
Another bus carrying naval employees to work was hit by
the second blast in Baldia town area about 10 minutes later.
TV news channels reported that at least one person was
killed and more than five others injured in the second attack.
At least one woman, a passer-by, was among the injured,
The injured were taken to a naval hospital.
There was confusion about the nature of the blasts. While
PTV described both blasts as suicide attacks, other news
channels reported that one of the attacks was carried out
using a bomb planted in a motorcycle.
Large contingents of paramilitary and armed forces
personnel cordoned off the sites of both blasts.
Members of the bomb disposal squad scoured the sites for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog