One dead in Pakistan police check-post attack
Islamabad: Unidentified gunmen in a car Saturday opened fire at a police check-post in the Pakistani capital, killing one policeman, a media report said.
The incident took place around 5 pm in the city`s southern I-9 sector, Xinhua reported citing Urdu TV channel Dunya.
The gunmen opened fire when police tried to stop the car. A police officer named Azhar Abbasi was wounded in the attack and later died at a hospital.
Police chased the car, but the gunmen left it at a graveyard in the neigbourhood and fled the scene.
At least 20 terror attacks have been foiled in the capital this year. A large number of explosives, suicide jackets and weapons have been seized, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy