One injured in suicide bomb attack in Pakistan
Islamabad: A suicide bomber on Friday struck close to a Shia prayer hall in Pakistan`s restive northwest injuring one person, police said.
The bomber detonated his explosive vest when he was challenged at a police post near the Imambargah at Lakki Marwat city of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province this evening, police officials said.
One person was injured by the blast, they said.
Police have tightened security around Imambargahs across the country for the Islamic holy month of Muharram following a string of attacks.
23 people were yesterday killed and more than 60 injured when a suicide attacker targeted a Shia procession in the garrison city of Rawalpindi.
In a separate incident in Gilgit city of the northern Gilgit-Baltistan region? a grenade was lobbed at a house near the Police Lines though there were no casualties.
No group claimed responsibility for both attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung refuses AAP govt’s proposed app-based premium bus service scheme
- Final phase of Q4 results, progress of monsoon to guide market
- Attention tax evaders: From June 1, declare black money and come clean or else....
- Saqib Saleem all praises for Radhika Apte's 'knockout performance' in 'Phobia'!
- Arjun Rampal captures priceless moments from 'Kahaani 2'! – View pics