One injured in suicide bomb attack in Pakistan
Islamabad: A suicide bomber on Friday struck close to a Shia prayer hall in Pakistan`s restive northwest injuring one person, police said.
The bomber detonated his explosive vest when he was challenged at a police post near the Imambargah at Lakki Marwat city of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province this evening, police officials said.
One person was injured by the blast, they said.
Police have tightened security around Imambargahs across the country for the Islamic holy month of Muharram following a string of attacks.
23 people were yesterday killed and more than 60 injured when a suicide attacker targeted a Shia procession in the garrison city of Rawalpindi.
In a separate incident in Gilgit city of the northern Gilgit-Baltistan region? a grenade was lobbed at a house near the Police Lines though there were no casualties.
No group claimed responsibility for both attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter