One injured in suicide bomb attack in Pakistan
Islamabad: A suicide bomber on Friday struck close to a Shia prayer hall in Pakistan`s restive northwest injuring one person, police said.
The bomber detonated his explosive vest when he was challenged at a police post near the Imambargah at Lakki Marwat city of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province this evening, police officials said.
One person was injured by the blast, they said.
Police have tightened security around Imambargahs across the country for the Islamic holy month of Muharram following a string of attacks.
23 people were yesterday killed and more than 60 injured when a suicide attacker targeted a Shia procession in the garrison city of Rawalpindi.
In a separate incident in Gilgit city of the northern Gilgit-Baltistan region? a grenade was lobbed at a house near the Police Lines though there were no casualties.
No group claimed responsibility for both attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation