One killed, 8 injured in Pak suicide blast
Peshawar: A suicide bomber struck a market in the volatile South Waziristan tribal region of northwest Pakistan on Sunday, killing at least one person and injuring eight others, officials said.
The bomber struck when the market in Shakai area was packed with people shopping for sacrificial animals for the upcoming Eid-ul-Azha festival, they said.
The blast left one person dead and eight others injured, the officials said.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
The Pakistan Army had conducted a major operation in South Waziristan Agency last year to flush Taliban fighters out of the area bordering Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why