One killed, 8 injured in Pak suicide blast
Peshawar: A suicide bomber struck a market in the volatile South Waziristan tribal region of northwest Pakistan on Sunday, killing at least one person and injuring eight others, officials said.
The bomber struck when the market in Shakai area was packed with people shopping for sacrificial animals for the upcoming Eid-ul-Azha festival, they said.
The blast left one person dead and eight others injured, the officials said.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
The Pakistan Army had conducted a major operation in South Waziristan Agency last year to flush Taliban fighters out of the area bordering Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’