One killed in attack in Peshawar
Peshawar: A man was killed and two others were injured when unidentified persons lobbed a grenade and opened fire at a home in this northwestern Pakistani city on Tuesday.
The incident occurred at Zara Kalli Shah Alam in Peshawar district. The attackers fired indiscriminately with automatic weapons after throwing the grenade, police said.
Muhammad Khadim was killed while two others sustained injuries. They were taken to a nearby hospital.
The motive for the attack could not immediately be ascertained. However, police said old enmity could not be ruled out in the incident.
The victim originally belonged to the restive Mohmand tribal region and had migrated to Peshawar a few months back due to concerns about terrorism in the tribal belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Odisha officials harassing man who carried wife's corpse: Complaint
- MS Dhoni wishes to play more in America, says it's good venue for cricket
- CID takes over Bengal hospital fire probe, one detained for questioning
- Jain temple in Ujjain restrains entry of girls wearing jeans, skirts
- Scorpene leak: DCNS moves Ausie court for injunction against 'The Australian'