One killed in attack in Peshawar
Peshawar: A man was killed and two others were injured when unidentified persons lobbed a grenade and opened fire at a home in this northwestern Pakistani city on Tuesday.
The incident occurred at Zara Kalli Shah Alam in Peshawar district. The attackers fired indiscriminately with automatic weapons after throwing the grenade, police said.
Muhammad Khadim was killed while two others sustained injuries. They were taken to a nearby hospital.
The motive for the attack could not immediately be ascertained. However, police said old enmity could not be ruled out in the incident.
The victim originally belonged to the restive Mohmand tribal region and had migrated to Peshawar a few months back due to concerns about terrorism in the tribal belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- 'Madaari' grosses Rs 4.45 crore worldwide on opening day
- One jawan martyred as Army foils infiltration bid in Kupwara, curfew lifted from parts of Valley
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- India-Bangladesh border will be secured, says Assam CM Sonowal