One killed in attack in Peshawar
Peshawar: A man was killed and two others were injured when unidentified persons lobbed a grenade and opened fire at a home in this northwestern Pakistani city on Tuesday.
The incident occurred at Zara Kalli Shah Alam in Peshawar district. The attackers fired indiscriminately with automatic weapons after throwing the grenade, police said.
Muhammad Khadim was killed while two others sustained injuries. They were taken to a nearby hospital.
The motive for the attack could not immediately be ascertained. However, police said old enmity could not be ruled out in the incident.
The victim originally belonged to the restive Mohmand tribal region and had migrated to Peshawar a few months back due to concerns about terrorism in the tribal belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state