One killed in blast near Quetta
Karachi: One person was killed and three others injured when a bomb exploded near a police station in Kuchlak on the outskirts of Quetta, the provincial capital of Balochistan on Saturday.
Police said they had also recovered around eight kilograms of explosives in a car in the area which apparently was also to be used in the terrorist activity.
"The bomb exploded close to the police station and caused some damage. We found parts of a human body close by which means the attack could be that of a suicide bomber," he said.
Kuchlak is an important area outside Quetta as it is a prime route for NATO supply containers that pass through the province in Pakistan to the Afghanistan border.
The officer, Khan Nasir said the bomb apparently went off when the attacker was planting it near the police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali