One killed in blast near Quetta
Karachi: One person was killed and three others injured when a bomb exploded near a police station in Kuchlak on the outskirts of Quetta, the provincial capital of Balochistan on Saturday.
Police said they had also recovered around eight kilograms of explosives in a car in the area which apparently was also to be used in the terrorist activity.
"The bomb exploded close to the police station and caused some damage. We found parts of a human body close by which means the attack could be that of a suicide bomber," he said.
Kuchlak is an important area outside Quetta as it is a prime route for NATO supply containers that pass through the province in Pakistan to the Afghanistan border.
The officer, Khan Nasir said the bomb apparently went off when the attacker was planting it near the police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Bollywood smitten with Harshvardhan Kapoor's theatrics in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's 'Mirzya' trailer!-- See tweets
- Brexit: How it can give better market access to India
- Minor girl raped by neighbour in Ballia
- There will be 'bloodbath': Subramanian Swamy warns his critics
- When Taylor Swift turned 'Batman' for Dave Grohl