One killed in blast near Quetta
Karachi: One person was killed and three others injured when a bomb exploded near a police station in Kuchlak on the outskirts of Quetta, the provincial capital of Balochistan on Saturday.
Police said they had also recovered around eight kilograms of explosives in a car in the area which apparently was also to be used in the terrorist activity.
"The bomb exploded close to the police station and caused some damage. We found parts of a human body close by which means the attack could be that of a suicide bomber," he said.
Kuchlak is an important area outside Quetta as it is a prime route for NATO supply containers that pass through the province in Pakistan to the Afghanistan border.
The officer, Khan Nasir said the bomb apparently went off when the attacker was planting it near the police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'