One killed in blast near Quetta
Karachi: One person was killed and three others injured when a bomb exploded near a police station in Kuchlak on the outskirts of Quetta, the provincial capital of Balochistan on Saturday.
Police said they had also recovered around eight kilograms of explosives in a car in the area which apparently was also to be used in the terrorist activity.
"The bomb exploded close to the police station and caused some damage. We found parts of a human body close by which means the attack could be that of a suicide bomber," he said.
Kuchlak is an important area outside Quetta as it is a prime route for NATO supply containers that pass through the province in Pakistan to the Afghanistan border.
The officer, Khan Nasir said the bomb apparently went off when the attacker was planting it near the police station.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US wants Pakistan to have dialogue with neighbours
- Hassan Rouhani allies win Iran parliament elections second round: Reports
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Official pictures from mehendi/ sangeet ceremony are here
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner