One killed, seven injured in Baluchistan violence
Karachi: One person was killed and at least seven persons injured when gunmen opened fire on a rally of a religious party at Quetta in Baluchistan, police said.
Unknown motorcyclists opened fire at rally of the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat (ASWJ) at Liaquat Baazar but the assailants had managed to escape, they said.
According to ASWJ leaders, Qari Amin a prayer leader at Bilal mosque in Korangi was shot dead by unknown assailants.
Soon after the incident, ASWJ workers staged a sit-in to protest against the shooting and pelted stones at passing vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16