One killed, seven injured in Baluchistan violence
Karachi: One person was killed and at least seven persons injured when gunmen opened fire on a rally of a religious party at Quetta in Baluchistan, police said.
Unknown motorcyclists opened fire at rally of the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat (ASWJ) at Liaquat Baazar but the assailants had managed to escape, they said.
According to ASWJ leaders, Qari Amin a prayer leader at Bilal mosque in Korangi was shot dead by unknown assailants.
Soon after the incident, ASWJ workers staged a sit-in to protest against the shooting and pelted stones at passing vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof