One killed, seven injured in Baluchistan violence
Karachi: One person was killed and at least seven persons injured when gunmen opened fire on a rally of a religious party at Quetta in Baluchistan, police said.
Unknown motorcyclists opened fire at rally of the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat (ASWJ) at Liaquat Baazar but the assailants had managed to escape, they said.
According to ASWJ leaders, Qari Amin a prayer leader at Bilal mosque in Korangi was shot dead by unknown assailants.
Soon after the incident, ASWJ workers staged a sit-in to protest against the shooting and pelted stones at passing vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next