One killed, seven injured in Baluchistan violence
Karachi: One person was killed and at least seven persons injured when gunmen opened fire on a rally of a religious party at Quetta in Baluchistan, police said.
Unknown motorcyclists opened fire at rally of the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat (ASWJ) at Liaquat Baazar but the assailants had managed to escape, they said.
According to ASWJ leaders, Qari Amin a prayer leader at Bilal mosque in Korangi was shot dead by unknown assailants.
Soon after the incident, ASWJ workers staged a sit-in to protest against the shooting and pelted stones at passing vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical