One killed, three injured in blast near Peshawar
Islamabad: A man was killed and three
children were injured when a low intensity bomb went off on
the outskirts of Peshawar city in northwest Pakistan on Saturday,
One of the children found the bomb while playing in a
mountainous area and brought it home believing it was a toy.
The bomb exploded within the house at Urmur village on
the outskirts of Peshawar, police said.
The injured children were taken to Lady Reading Hospital,
where officials said they were out of danger.
In a separate incident, pro-Taliban militants blew up a
boys` primary school in Landi Kotal area of the restive Khyber
tribal region early this morning though there were no
The militants detonated an explosive device planted
outside the school building.
This is the second school destroyed by militants in the
same area in the past two days, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony