One killed, three injured in blast near Peshawar
Islamabad: A man was killed and three
children were injured when a low intensity bomb went off on
the outskirts of Peshawar city in northwest Pakistan on Saturday,
One of the children found the bomb while playing in a
mountainous area and brought it home believing it was a toy.
The bomb exploded within the house at Urmur village on
the outskirts of Peshawar, police said.
The injured children were taken to Lady Reading Hospital,
where officials said they were out of danger.
In a separate incident, pro-Taliban militants blew up a
boys` primary school in Landi Kotal area of the restive Khyber
tribal region early this morning though there were no
The militants detonated an explosive device planted
outside the school building.
This is the second school destroyed by militants in the
same area in the past two days, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa