One policeman killed in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: At least one policeman was killed and another injured on Saturday morning in a blast at a police check-post in Pakistan`s northwest tribal region, a media report said.
The check-post in Shabqadar town, some 20 km from Peshawar, was attacked by a rocket around 8.50 am, Xinhua reported citing Urdu TV channel Samaa.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Shabqadar is just a few kilometres away from Mohmand Agency, a tribal area in northwest Pakistan along the border with Afghanistan, where there exist different militant groups who often launch attacks across the border into Pakistan.
In May, the Pakistani Taliban launched a twin suicide bomb attack at a police training centre in Shabqadar`s neighbouring city of Charsadda, killing 98 policemen and injuring over 140 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf