One policeman killed in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: At least one policeman was killed and another injured on Saturday morning in a blast at a police check-post in Pakistan`s northwest tribal region, a media report said.
The check-post in Shabqadar town, some 20 km from Peshawar, was attacked by a rocket around 8.50 am, Xinhua reported citing Urdu TV channel Samaa.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Shabqadar is just a few kilometres away from Mohmand Agency, a tribal area in northwest Pakistan along the border with Afghanistan, where there exist different militant groups who often launch attacks across the border into Pakistan.
In May, the Pakistani Taliban launched a twin suicide bomb attack at a police training centre in Shabqadar`s neighbouring city of Charsadda, killing 98 policemen and injuring over 140 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them