One policeman killed in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: At least one policeman was killed and another injured on Saturday morning in a blast at a police check-post in Pakistan`s northwest tribal region, a media report said.
The check-post in Shabqadar town, some 20 km from Peshawar, was attacked by a rocket around 8.50 am, Xinhua reported citing Urdu TV channel Samaa.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Shabqadar is just a few kilometres away from Mohmand Agency, a tribal area in northwest Pakistan along the border with Afghanistan, where there exist different militant groups who often launch attacks across the border into Pakistan.
In May, the Pakistani Taliban launched a twin suicide bomb attack at a police training centre in Shabqadar`s neighbouring city of Charsadda, killing 98 policemen and injuring over 140 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?