One policeman killed in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: At least one policeman was killed and another injured on Saturday morning in a blast at a police check-post in Pakistan`s northwest tribal region, a media report said.
The check-post in Shabqadar town, some 20 km from Peshawar, was attacked by a rocket around 8.50 am, Xinhua reported citing Urdu TV channel Samaa.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Shabqadar is just a few kilometres away from Mohmand Agency, a tribal area in northwest Pakistan along the border with Afghanistan, where there exist different militant groups who often launch attacks across the border into Pakistan.
In May, the Pakistani Taliban launched a twin suicide bomb attack at a police training centre in Shabqadar`s neighbouring city of Charsadda, killing 98 policemen and injuring over 140 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!