One policeman killed in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: At least one policeman was killed and another injured on Saturday morning in a blast at a police check-post in Pakistan`s northwest tribal region, a media report said.
The check-post in Shabqadar town, some 20 km from Peshawar, was attacked by a rocket around 8.50 am, Xinhua reported citing Urdu TV channel Samaa.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Shabqadar is just a few kilometres away from Mohmand Agency, a tribal area in northwest Pakistan along the border with Afghanistan, where there exist different militant groups who often launch attacks across the border into Pakistan.
In May, the Pakistani Taliban launched a twin suicide bomb attack at a police training centre in Shabqadar`s neighbouring city of Charsadda, killing 98 policemen and injuring over 140 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof