Opposition call for strike in Bangladesh to protest police attacks
Local dailies quoting witnesses said around 25 people
were injured in the incident and many more received minor injuries as a result of the countrywide strike called by Bangladesh Nationalist Party to protest the police attacks on its leaders.
The alliance comprising of BNP, Jatiyo Party(Ershad), Jamati Islami and Islami Oikko Jote had earlier withdrawn its scheduled strike on Sunday due to
spread of dengue fever in the capital and other parts of the
Instead it decided to hold a joint rally and bring out
procession to press for among other things, urgent steps to check dengue.
Report : Afrosa Rosy
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy