Opposition call for strike in Bangladesh to protest police attacks
Local dailies quoting witnesses said around 25 people
were injured in the incident and many more received minor injuries as a result of the countrywide strike called by Bangladesh Nationalist Party to protest the police attacks on its leaders.
The alliance comprising of BNP, Jatiyo Party(Ershad), Jamati Islami and Islami Oikko Jote had earlier withdrawn its scheduled strike on Sunday due to
spread of dengue fever in the capital and other parts of the
Instead it decided to hold a joint rally and bring out
procession to press for among other things, urgent steps to check dengue.
Report : Afrosa Rosy
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?