Opposition call for strike in Bangladesh to protest police attacks
Local dailies quoting witnesses said around 25 people
were injured in the incident and many more received minor injuries as a result of the countrywide strike called by Bangladesh Nationalist Party to protest the police attacks on its leaders.
The alliance comprising of BNP, Jatiyo Party(Ershad), Jamati Islami and Islami Oikko Jote had earlier withdrawn its scheduled strike on Sunday due to
spread of dengue fever in the capital and other parts of the
Instead it decided to hold a joint rally and bring out
procession to press for among other things, urgent steps to check dengue.
Report : Afrosa Rosy
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred