Original draft of 1973 Pak Constitution has been lost!
Islamabad: The original draft of the 1973 Constitution of Pakistan has been lost.
Parliamentary sources confirmed that the original document of the 1973 Constitution is not available in the record and archives of the National Assembly, a newspaper reported.
The officials are struggling to find out as to when and how this extremely important document had been robbed or stolen.
During the late Zulfikar Ali Bhutto’s first government, the National Assembly of Pakistan had approved the first Constitution of the country on April 10, 1973 and on April 12, 1973, the National Assembly had marked the signing ceremony on the new constitutional draft in a special session.
According to the record, after signing the document, members of the National Assembly went to the President House in Rawalpindi, where the then President Zulfikar Ali Bhutto put his signature on the new Constitution.
The parliamentary sources say that the original document of the 1973 Constitution had never been seen in the record of the Parliament House since then.
When National Assembly Speaker Dr Fehmida Mirza wanted to see the original document of the Constitution at the time of the approval of the 18th Amendment, it transpired that the same was not present in the record of the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof