Osama bin Laden admired Che Guevara
Islamabad: A Pakistani intelligence agent who interrogated Osama bin Laden`s three wives said that the al Qaeda’s slain chief and his youngest wife liked Che Guevara.
Ernesto "Che" Guevara was an Argentine Marxist who was a major figure in the Cuban revolution. He was executed in Bolivia in 1967.
The agent also said the three women were fiercely loyal to their husband and gave little away when they were questioned after the al Qaeda chief was killed in a US raid over a year ago.
Pakistani security forces arrested the three women after the US Navy SEAL raid on Osama`s house in Abbottabad, reports the Daily Times.
The agent said he struggled to extract any worthwhile information from them.
All appeared to strongly support Osama, despite the terrorist`s long and bloody record of orchestrating violence across the world, he said.
The intelligence agent said the three wives were nostalgic whenever they talked about their slain husband.
Yemeni-born Amal al Sadeh, the youngest of the three, was headstrong and showed fury when asked questions, while the others, Saudi citizens, expressed displeasure by mostly keeping silent behind their veils, the agent said.
Amal was always angry whenever he spoke with her, and she objected to being questioned and rarely gave away anything, the agent added.
But at times Amal, who married Osama at the age of 18, was somewhat flexible.
According to the agent, he also questioned Amal about Latin American leftists.
The agent described the other wives as "boring" as they did not say much.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam