Osama bin laden family deportation hits snag
Islamabad: A lawyer for Osama bin laden`s three widows and their nine children says the family is expected to be deported from Pakistan to Saudi Arabia later Wednesday.
Mohammad Amir Khalil said the family was unable to leave overnight Tuesday as planned because the brother of bin laden`s youngest wife, Amal Ahmed Abdel-Fatah al-Sada, was not in possession of his passport.
Zakaria al-Sada has been in Pakistan campaigning for his sister Amal`s release.
Khalil said his passport was currently being held by a Pakistani court, but it was expected to be released later Wednesday.
He said the family would then likely leave for Saudi Arabia.
The family has been in Pakistani detention since the US raid that killed bin Laden almost a year ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site