Osama hunt documentary to tell `new story`
Washington: A new documentary about the hunt for the Al Qaeda leader that will air on HBO will tell a slightly different story leading to the killing of Osama bin Laden.
Greg Barker, the director of the film called `Manhunt`, said there are still missing gaps in the story that won`t be known for a long time, adding that they have managed to "scratch the surface", reports Politico.
Barker said getting people to talk, especially those within the intelligence community, was a tough job. He said getting former CIA officials to go on camera and then to open up in the way that one needs for a feature documentary - to tell their story in some detail and with emotion for it to work in a movie - took a long time. A lot of the details are classified, but the human emotions involved are not, he added.
The popular Hollywood dramatization of the raid, "Zero Dark Thirty", made his job a little more difficult. He said the controversy over their access closed some doors for them. The attempt to tell the real story was impeded by the reaction to people trying to tell a fictionalized story, he added.
But he thinks his own project captured some of the CIA`s essence a bit more accurately.
Barker said the people he had met who were at the forefront of the operation were not as emotionally detached as the character in ` Zero Dark Thirty`, referring to the CIA analyst portrayed by actress Jessica Chastain.
He said they were a lot more passionate, a lot more upfront with their emotions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details