Osama met al Qaeda, Taliban leaders at Abbottabad
London: Osama bin Laden was not dependant only on messengers to keep in touch with his terror network. Infact, he had met al Qaeda and Taliban leaders at his Abbottabad hideout, it was reported.
Osama was shot dead May 2 by US commandos who swooped into Abbottabad on stealth helicopters and stormed his mansion located a stone`s throw away from the Pakistan Military Academy, Kakul.
The commandos had carried away a trove of documents and computer files, which investigators are now pouring over.
The Telegraph reported that British intelligence agents have joined their US counterparts to to go through the material after repeated references to Britain were found in it.
An Afghan Taliban commander said he had visited Osama at the high-walled house, the media report said.
He also said the al Qaeda leader received intermittent visits from leaders of his al Qaeda network, Taliban allies and fellow Arab fundraisers.
Intelligence officials had initially believed that Osama`s contact with the outside world was through messages on computer thumb drives.
The Taliban commander had last seen Osama in Abbottabad two years ago and he then looked healthy.
Osama had told him that he had to meet top aides as many senior lieutenants had been captured or killed.
"He said he had no choice but to be active and meet people, despite the security risks," the Taliban leader was quoted as saying.
"He was meeting with other top al Qaeda leaders who could get access to Abbottabad without endangering their safety."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now