Osama probe panel retraces US choppers` route
Islamabad: The Pakistani commission probing the American commando raid in Abbottabad to take out al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden has flown over the likely route taken by US stealth helicopters.
The panel members flew on Tuesday over the route and also visited the high-walled compound where Osama had been hiding. US commandos gunned down the al Qaeda leader in his house May 2.
US Navy SEALs had used previously unseen stealth helicopters for the mission so that they could evade Pakistani radar and not be heard. After a snag developed in a chopper, the commandos lobbed grenades to destroy its main body.
Dawn said that the commission members spent about two hours at Osama`s compound. They also spoke to people about the landing of the American helicopters in the area.
The commission visited Pakistan Military Academy in Kakul, which is located not far from Osama`s mansion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre