Osama probe panel retraces US choppers` route
Islamabad: The Pakistani commission probing the American commando raid in Abbottabad to take out al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden has flown over the likely route taken by US stealth helicopters.
The panel members flew on Tuesday over the route and also visited the high-walled compound where Osama had been hiding. US commandos gunned down the al Qaeda leader in his house May 2.
US Navy SEALs had used previously unseen stealth helicopters for the mission so that they could evade Pakistani radar and not be heard. After a snag developed in a chopper, the commandos lobbed grenades to destroy its main body.
Dawn said that the commission members spent about two hours at Osama`s compound. They also spoke to people about the landing of the American helicopters in the area.
The commission visited Pakistan Military Academy in Kakul, which is located not far from Osama`s mansion.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!