Osama’s wife refuses to undergo surgery in prison
London: Osama bin Laden`s favourite wife, being held in Pakistan three months after he was killed in an operation by US special forces, is refusing to undergo surgery in protest against her detention, her brother has claimed.
Amal al-Sadah was reportedly shot in the leg as she tried to shield her husband, when US Navy Seals burst into the al-Qaeda terror chief`s hideout in Abbottabad, 50 kilometres northeast of Islamabad.
"We are worried about her physical and mental health.
My sister is being held illegally. Under international law she should be set free. She`s not locked in a cell but is watched 24 hours a day and is living in small room with her children.
"Yet she hasn’t been tried or convicted and we have no idea, where she is being held. The wounds to her leg are not minor, but she is refusing surgery until she is allowed to see her family," Amal`s brother Zakariya was quoted by a tabloid as saying.
Zakariya claimed his sister had done nothing wrong. "My sister was a wife; she did not commit any crime. She did not want to be involved in anything her husband was doing. She was busy ensuring her children were raised well, like any mother," he said.
It was widely known that Amal gave birth to a daughter days after September 11 attacks on New York. She was named Safia by Bin Laden, after a relative of the prophet Mohammed, who "had killed a Jew".
But Zakariya revealed she has had four more children, two sons and two daughters. "We want the children to be brought up by their mother in Yemen. And, we are not at all worried about raising bin Laden`s children.
"Amal never complained about Osama as a husband. She did not know most of what he was doing outside their married life," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'