Osama’s wife refuses to undergo surgery in prison
London: Osama bin Laden`s favourite wife, being held in Pakistan three months after he was killed in an operation by US special forces, is refusing to undergo surgery in protest against her detention, her brother has claimed.
Amal al-Sadah was reportedly shot in the leg as she tried to shield her husband, when US Navy Seals burst into the al-Qaeda terror chief`s hideout in Abbottabad, 50 kilometres northeast of Islamabad.
"We are worried about her physical and mental health.
My sister is being held illegally. Under international law she should be set free. She`s not locked in a cell but is watched 24 hours a day and is living in small room with her children.
"Yet she hasn’t been tried or convicted and we have no idea, where she is being held. The wounds to her leg are not minor, but she is refusing surgery until she is allowed to see her family," Amal`s brother Zakariya was quoted by a tabloid as saying.
Zakariya claimed his sister had done nothing wrong. "My sister was a wife; she did not commit any crime. She did not want to be involved in anything her husband was doing. She was busy ensuring her children were raised well, like any mother," he said.
It was widely known that Amal gave birth to a daughter days after September 11 attacks on New York. She was named Safia by Bin Laden, after a relative of the prophet Mohammed, who "had killed a Jew".
But Zakariya revealed she has had four more children, two sons and two daughters. "We want the children to be brought up by their mother in Yemen. And, we are not at all worried about raising bin Laden`s children.
"Amal never complained about Osama as a husband. She did not know most of what he was doing outside their married life," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues