Osama’s wives were loyal to him: Pak interrogator
Islamabad: A Pakistani intelligence agent, who interrogated Osama bin Laden`s three wives, said the women were fiercely loyal to their husband, who was al Qaeda’s chief, said a news agency on Friday.
The wives gave little away when they were questioned after the death of Osama in a US raid in May last year, said the agent.
Pakistani security forces arrested Osama’s wives after the Navy SEAL raid on bin Laden`s house in the town of Abbottabad.
He further described Yemeni-born Amal Al-Sadeh, the youngest of the three, as someone who was headstrong and showed anger when asked questions.
The other two ladies, however, kept silent behind their veils, the agent added.
"They were all nostalgic whenever they talked about him," the agency quoted the intelligence agent as saying.
"I could sense Amal was always angry whenever I spoke with her," he added. "She objected to being questioned and rarely gave away anything."
But at times Amal was somewhat flexible.
"Amal once told me that she and bin Laden liked Che Guevara. She seemed like a rebel so I questioned her about Latin American leftists. I found her very interesting," said the agent.
"The other wives didn`t say much. They were boring," said the agent.
Amal had travelled to Afghanistan to marry Osama bin Laden when she was 18 years old and he was in his early 40s.
Pakistan deported Osama’s three widows and 11 children to Saudi Arabia last month.
(With Agency’s inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal