Over 100 apprehended in Pakistan`s troubled Mohmand region
Peshawar: Security forces in Pakistan`s
Mohmand tribal region apprehended 102 suspected people, in
intensified search operations after a recent attack on a
security check post in the region.
The 102 people who were picked up includes 11 wanted
people, security officials in the country`s northwest said
Political authorities of Mohmand Agency have
intensified search operations after some militants attacked a
security forces post at Ghanam Shah and injured a paramilitary
Militants also blew up a girl`s school at Yakka Ghund
in Mohmand Agency.
An official of the political administration confirmed
the arrests and said 11 of the detained people were wanted for
alleged involvement in subversive activities and links with
The arrested suspects will be thoroughly interrogated,
the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report