Over 15 killed in Karachi violence
Karachi: Violence and targeted killings escalated in Pakistan`s financial capital on Friday, with more than 15 people, including two policemen, being killed in different areas of Karachi.
Since Tuesday around 32 people have been killed in different parts of the city and in most of the incidents unidentified gunmen on motorcycles opened fire on the victims.
In first incident, armed assailants barged into a house and shot dead two persons and injured three in Landhi Manshere colony in the city.
The shootings were said to be the result of a clash between two tribes after a dispute broke out between their children in the area.
Police said three to four men were said to have been involved in the attack, who managed to flee the scene.
In Baldia Ittehad town, unidentified gunmen opened fire on a police patrol killing head constables Muhammad Jan Niazi and Arif on the spot and wounding two other policemen.
Two activists of the Sunni Tehreek were shot dead in different parts of the posh PECHS society leading to a complete closure of the area. Three activists of the Mutthaida Qaumi Movement were also killed today.
Police said a person named Imran was gunned down in Shah Faisal Colony while firing on two cars resulted in the death of three people in Ancholi area of Karachi.
In a separate incident, two brothers, identified as Mitho and Ameer were targeted and killed. An unidentified body was found in a gunny bag in the area of Liaquatabad.
In another incident, attackers opened fire on a ambulance in the Samanabad area, killing three including the driver and injuring two others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi