Over 30 militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: Afghan and NATO-led troops have eliminated 31 militants and captured the Taliban district chief in Helmand province of Afghanistan, an official spokesman said on Thursday.
"Afghan and international security forces captured the Taliban district chief of Now Zad district and killed at least 31 insurgents during an operation in remote Baghran district in northern Helmand province Wednesday night," Xinhua quoted the spokesman of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) as saying.
No civilians or soldiers were killed or wounded, he said.
Dozens of automatic weapons, rocket- propelled grenades, a machine gun and hand grenades were recovered, the spokesman said. "The combined force destroyed the drugs and weapons at the scene," he said.
Taliban militants, who have intensified their assaults against the Afghan and NATO-led forces stationed in Afghanistan, have yet to make comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation