Over 30 militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: Afghan and NATO-led troops have eliminated 31 militants and captured the Taliban district chief in Helmand province of Afghanistan, an official spokesman said on Thursday.
"Afghan and international security forces captured the Taliban district chief of Now Zad district and killed at least 31 insurgents during an operation in remote Baghran district in northern Helmand province Wednesday night," Xinhua quoted the spokesman of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) as saying.
No civilians or soldiers were killed or wounded, he said.
Dozens of automatic weapons, rocket- propelled grenades, a machine gun and hand grenades were recovered, the spokesman said. "The combined force destroyed the drugs and weapons at the scene," he said.
Taliban militants, who have intensified their assaults against the Afghan and NATO-led forces stationed in Afghanistan, have yet to make comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi