Over 370,000 affected by heavy rains in China
Beijing: Heavy rain in China`s Hunan province has affected 375,100 people while leaving four individuals missing, authorities said.
The rain has affected 75 villages and towns in seven cities and counties of Hunan, including the famous tourist town of Fenghuang, reportedly.
About 9,330 people were forced to relocate and 216 houses collapsed, according to the province`s flood prevention and drought control headquarters.
Railways, highways and country roads were blocked in the downpours, which also damaged electricity, communications, water facilities, and crops.
According to the local meteorological department, the latest rain will last for next three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal