Over 4,300 human traffickers held in Pak: Malik
Islamabad: Over 4,300 human traffickers have been arrested in Pakistan in the past three years, Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said.
These criminals were apprehended by the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), Malik said on Friday, adding that appropriate measures are being taken to prevent such crimes.
Joint working groups have been constituted with Oman, UK, Turkey, Australia, Greece, Afghanistan and Iran to eradicate human trafficking, the official APP news agency quoted him as saying.
The FIA was vigorously pursuing the cases of human smuggling, he said and as many as 7,849 human traffickers have been convicted in 2009-2010.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai