`Over 50 dual nationals in Pakistan Parliament`
The Election Commission of Pakistan is trying to uncover the identities of MPs with dual nationalities, but the government and parliamentary bodies are likely to give a tough time to the ECP.
According to sources, many MPs have information about dual nationality of their colleagues but they too are not willing to come on record because of their personal relationship with such MPs.
It is said that the FIA`s immigration record, particularly about the travelling data of MPs during the last six-seven years, could help identify many such MPs, the paper said.
The ECP had announced several months ago that no dual national could be elected as MPs, admitting that the commission in the past had been turning a blind eye to this constitutional violation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Brexit shockwaves hit British jobs, consumer confidence
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror
- Rupee rules firm for 3rd day, up 10 paise to 67.04 Vs USD
- Mehbooba Mufti's Burhan Wani bombshell - WATCH what exactly she said
- BELIEVE IT OR NOT! This cricket team was bowled out of just 3 runs – Details inside