`Over 50 dual nationals in Pakistan Parliament`
The Election Commission of Pakistan is trying to uncover the identities of MPs with dual nationalities, but the government and parliamentary bodies are likely to give a tough time to the ECP.
According to sources, many MPs have information about dual nationality of their colleagues but they too are not willing to come on record because of their personal relationship with such MPs.
It is said that the FIA`s immigration record, particularly about the travelling data of MPs during the last six-seven years, could help identify many such MPs, the paper said.
The ECP had announced several months ago that no dual national could be elected as MPs, admitting that the commission in the past had been turning a blind eye to this constitutional violation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach