`Over 50 dual nationals in Pakistan Parliament`
The Election Commission of Pakistan is trying to uncover the identities of MPs with dual nationalities, but the government and parliamentary bodies are likely to give a tough time to the ECP.
According to sources, many MPs have information about dual nationality of their colleagues but they too are not willing to come on record because of their personal relationship with such MPs.
It is said that the FIA`s immigration record, particularly about the travelling data of MPs during the last six-seven years, could help identify many such MPs, the paper said.
The ECP had announced several months ago that no dual national could be elected as MPs, admitting that the commission in the past had been turning a blind eye to this constitutional violation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days