`Over 50 dual nationals in Pakistan Parliament`
The Election Commission of Pakistan is trying to uncover the identities of MPs with dual nationalities, but the government and parliamentary bodies are likely to give a tough time to the ECP.
According to sources, many MPs have information about dual nationality of their colleagues but they too are not willing to come on record because of their personal relationship with such MPs.
It is said that the FIA`s immigration record, particularly about the travelling data of MPs during the last six-seven years, could help identify many such MPs, the paper said.
The ECP had announced several months ago that no dual national could be elected as MPs, admitting that the commission in the past had been turning a blind eye to this constitutional violation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees