Over 80 people detained in Lahore after terror alert
Lahore: Lahore police has detained over 80 people in raids conducted here in the capital of Pakistan`s Punjab province, following a terror alert.
Police set up check posts at Lahore`s entry and exit points and conducted strict checks of vehicles, a police officer, Chaudhry Shafiq, was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
Over 70 people were killed and at least 100 injured in attacks May 28 on two places of worship of a minority group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video