Over 80 people detained in Lahore after terror alert
Lahore: Lahore police has detained over 80 people in raids conducted here in the capital of Pakistan`s Punjab province, following a terror alert.
Police set up check posts at Lahore`s entry and exit points and conducted strict checks of vehicles, a police officer, Chaudhry Shafiq, was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
Over 70 people were killed and at least 100 injured in attacks May 28 on two places of worship of a minority group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH