Overloaded passenger boat capsized in Pakistan, 47 rescued
Karachi: Pakistan Navy divers on Friday rescued around 47 people after a overloaded passenger boat capsized in the Arabian sea in Pakistan`s territorial waters near the Karachi port.
Rescue officials said the boat was going from port Kemari to Manora island when it capsized.
"We have been told they were around 50 people on the boat much more than its capacity. But so far navy divers have rescued 47 people," Faisal Edhi of the Edhi welfare trust said.
He said the boat owner claimed they were 50 passengers on board and only three were still missing.
"Rescue operations to recover them are still underway," he said. The passengers included two women and a child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win
- PM Modi lays foundation for Ambedkar memorial in Mumbai, Shiv Sena boycotts event