PAF airmen being radicalised: WikiLeaks
New Delhi: A section of the airmen of the Pakistan Air Force are being radicalised who are sabotaging aircraft to prevent them from being used in operations on the Afghan border, a latest US diplomatic cable leaked by WikiLeaks has said.
The cable quotes a commander of the Pakistan Air Force saying that a section of the airmen are being radicalised.
"You cannot imagine what a hard time we are having trying to get them to trim their beards," the cable quoting the official said.
The leaked cables, accessed by an Indian news channel, said the airmen - most of whom come from rural background - have been indulging in acts of "petty sabotage" to prevent deployment of aircraft in support of security operations along the Afghan border where Pakistani forces are fighting the Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das