PAF airmen being radicalised: WikiLeaks
New Delhi: A section of the airmen of the Pakistan Air Force are being radicalised who are sabotaging aircraft to prevent them from being used in operations on the Afghan border, a latest US diplomatic cable leaked by WikiLeaks has said.
The cable quotes a commander of the Pakistan Air Force saying that a section of the airmen are being radicalised.
"You cannot imagine what a hard time we are having trying to get them to trim their beards," the cable quoting the official said.
The leaked cables, accessed by an Indian news channel, said the airmen - most of whom come from rural background - have been indulging in acts of "petty sabotage" to prevent deployment of aircraft in support of security operations along the Afghan border where Pakistani forces are fighting the Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state