PAF airmen being radicalised: WikiLeaks
New Delhi: A section of the airmen of the Pakistan Air Force are being radicalised who are sabotaging aircraft to prevent them from being used in operations on the Afghan border, a latest US diplomatic cable leaked by WikiLeaks has said.
The cable quotes a commander of the Pakistan Air Force saying that a section of the airmen are being radicalised.
"You cannot imagine what a hard time we are having trying to get them to trim their beards," the cable quoting the official said.
The leaked cables, accessed by an Indian news channel, said the airmen - most of whom come from rural background - have been indulging in acts of "petty sabotage" to prevent deployment of aircraft in support of security operations along the Afghan border where Pakistani forces are fighting the Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion