PAF inducts air-to-air refuelling aircraft
Islamabad: The Pakistan Air Force has
inducted the first of four Il-78 air-to-air refuelling
aircraft ordered from Ukraine as part of plans to enhance its
A statement issued by PAF today said the country`s
first air-to-air refuelling aircraft "has arrived on an
operational airbase while the delivery of remaining three
(aircraft) is planned to be completed by mid-2010".
The statement did not say when the aircraft had
arrived or give further details.
Pakistan has ordered four Il-78 refuelling aircraft
from Ukraine and the first jet had been undergoing tests in
that country over the past few months.
The PAF`s fleet of Mirage combat jets is currently
capable of being refuelled in mid-air and other aircraft will
have to be modified for use with the air-to-air refuellers.
The statement said the "PAF`s overall capability in
terms of its effectiveness to defend the airspace of Pakistan
would be significantly enhanced" through the capability to
refuel combat jets in the air.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future
- Strong Indo-US ties to strengthen both economies: White House
- First look of Emraan Hashmi's maiden home production 'Captain Nawab' out! - Pic inside
- Despite public outcry over images of man carrying dead wife, Odisha gives clean chit to hospital