Pak: 12 killed as passenger bus plunges into canal
Shikarpur: At least 12 people were killed on Wednesday when a passenger bus they were travelling in plunged into a canal in Pakistan`s southern Sindh province.
According to reports, the bus carrying 22 passengers lost control and veered off into the Kirthar Canal in Shikarpur district in the province.
"The bus was carrying 22 passengers when it plunged into the Kirthar Canal near Shikarpur," a police official said.
The official while confirming the casualties said the accident had occurred due to the negligence of the driver.
"Twelve passengers have lost lives in the tragic accident. Most of them are women and minors", he said.
The bodies and injured were shifted to local hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources