Pak: 12 killed as passenger bus plunges into canal
Shikarpur: At least 12 people were killed on Wednesday when a passenger bus they were travelling in plunged into a canal in Pakistan`s southern Sindh province.
According to reports, the bus carrying 22 passengers lost control and veered off into the Kirthar Canal in Shikarpur district in the province.
"The bus was carrying 22 passengers when it plunged into the Kirthar Canal near Shikarpur," a police official said.
The official while confirming the casualties said the accident had occurred due to the negligence of the driver.
"Twelve passengers have lost lives in the tragic accident. Most of them are women and minors", he said.
The bodies and injured were shifted to local hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof