Pak: 12 killed as passenger bus plunges into canal
Shikarpur: At least 12 people were killed on Wednesday when a passenger bus they were travelling in plunged into a canal in Pakistan`s southern Sindh province.
According to reports, the bus carrying 22 passengers lost control and veered off into the Kirthar Canal in Shikarpur district in the province.
"The bus was carrying 22 passengers when it plunged into the Kirthar Canal near Shikarpur," a police official said.
The official while confirming the casualties said the accident had occurred due to the negligence of the driver.
"Twelve passengers have lost lives in the tragic accident. Most of them are women and minors", he said.
The bodies and injured were shifted to local hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!