Pak: 20 killed in bus accident
Lahore: At least 20 people, including women and children, were killed and several others injured when a bus met with an accident in Pakistan`s Punjab province on Friday, police said.
The accident occurred in Rahim Yar Khan district, 400 km from Lahore, the capital of Punjab.
Local residents said the bus carrying 45 passengers was going to Karachi when it hit a fence.
Rescue teams reached the spot and took the injured to a nearby hospital, where doctors confirmed they had received 20 bodies.
The death toll might rise as 10 injured were in a critical condition, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert