Pak: 20 killed in bus accident
Lahore: At least 20 people, including women and children, were killed and several others injured when a bus met with an accident in Pakistan`s Punjab province on Friday, police said.
The accident occurred in Rahim Yar Khan district, 400 km from Lahore, the capital of Punjab.
Local residents said the bus carrying 45 passengers was going to Karachi when it hit a fence.
Rescue teams reached the spot and took the injured to a nearby hospital, where doctors confirmed they had received 20 bodies.
The death toll might rise as 10 injured were in a critical condition, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- MS Dhoni backs Virat Kohli-led team India to claim No. 1 spot in Tests by the end of home season
- I want to play a warrior: Tabu
- Weeds, less water could spell death for Chandigarh's Sukhna Lake
- F&B giant Pepsico end decade-long association with India's ODI captain MS Dhoni
- Committee flags gaps, vulnerability in Indo-Pak border fencing