Pak 26/11 trial: Court adjourns hearing till Sept 26
Islamabad: An anti-terrorism court here
conducting the trial of seven suspects linked with the Mumbai
terror attacks, including LeT operations commander Zakiur
Rehman Lakhvi, on Saturday adjourned the hearing till September 26.
No other details of the proceedings were available due
to a strict media blackout imposed by Judge Baqir Ali Rana,
who is conducting the trial inside the high-security Adiala
Jail in the garrison city of Rawalpindi due to security
The hearings are being conducted in-camera and Rana
has issued a gag order, citing national security concerns as
well as the security of the accused and witnesses.
Sources told a news agency that the judge adjourned the case
till September 26 following today`s proceedings.
It is still not clear whether the seven accused have
been formally indicted as yet though authorities have so far
prepared two chargesheets against them. Lawyers representing
the accused said they had been directed by the judge to
strictly adhere to the gag order and not to discuss the
proceedings with the media.
Five LeT operatives – Lakhvi, communications expert
Zarar Shah, Abu al-Qama, Hamad Amin Sadiq and Shahid Jamil
Riaz – beisng tried by the anti-terrorism court.
They have been accused of providing training,
financial support, accommodation, equipment and communications
gear to the 10 terrorists who attacked Mumbai last year.
No details are available of the charges against the
two other suspects, Jamil Ahmed and Younas Anjum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city