Pak: 3 militants, 2 security personnel killed
Islamabad: Three terrorists and two security personnel were killed during a massive search operation by Pakistani soldiers within the cantonment in the northwestern city of Peshawar, officials said on Tuesday.
The search operation was launched late last night after some terrorists reportedly escaped from custody in Peshawar, the capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
While authorities were tight-lipped on the development, residents of the city posted messages on Twitter about heightened security and the "curfew-like" situation prevailing in Peshawar.
Officials were quoted by TV news channels as saying that three terrorists and two security personnel were killed during the overnight search operation.
No further details were immediately available.
Footage on television showed armed soldiers blocking roads and checking all cars and motorcycles.
The soldiers also blocked off traffic in some areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation