Pak: 3 militants, 2 security personnel killed
Islamabad: Three terrorists and two security personnel were killed during a massive search operation by Pakistani soldiers within the cantonment in the northwestern city of Peshawar, officials said on Tuesday.
The search operation was launched late last night after some terrorists reportedly escaped from custody in Peshawar, the capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
While authorities were tight-lipped on the development, residents of the city posted messages on Twitter about heightened security and the "curfew-like" situation prevailing in Peshawar.
Officials were quoted by TV news channels as saying that three terrorists and two security personnel were killed during the overnight search operation.
No further details were immediately available.
Footage on television showed armed soldiers blocking roads and checking all cars and motorcycles.
The soldiers also blocked off traffic in some areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city