Pak: 3 militants, 2 security personnel killed
Islamabad: Three terrorists and two security personnel were killed during a massive search operation by Pakistani soldiers within the cantonment in the northwestern city of Peshawar, officials said on Tuesday.
The search operation was launched late last night after some terrorists reportedly escaped from custody in Peshawar, the capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
While authorities were tight-lipped on the development, residents of the city posted messages on Twitter about heightened security and the "curfew-like" situation prevailing in Peshawar.
Officials were quoted by TV news channels as saying that three terrorists and two security personnel were killed during the overnight search operation.
No further details were immediately available.
Footage on television showed armed soldiers blocking roads and checking all cars and motorcycles.
The soldiers also blocked off traffic in some areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you