Pak: 3 security personnel killed in Quetta blast
Islamabad: Three security personnel were killed and 10 others, including passersby, injured when a security forces vehicle was targeted with a roadside bomb in Quetta city of southwest Pakistan on Friday.
A convoy of the Frontier Corps was moving through Saryab Road in Quetta, the capital of Balochistan province, when the bomb went off, officials told the media.
Three paramilitary personnel were killed instantly and a vehicle was damaged by the blast.
Several passersby were among the injured, who were taken to a nearby hospital. Officials described the condition of two of the injured as serious.
Officials said the bomb was planted in a cycle parked by the roadside.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report