Pak: 4 suspected Tehreek-e-Taliban militants held
Karachi: The police on Thursday claimed to have arrested four suspected members of the banned Pakistani terror group Tehreek-e-Taliban, amid a massive drive to hunt them down in the country`s southern Sindh province.
The arrested militants include TTP, Karachi Chief Abdul
Qayyum Mehsud, Muhammad Sharif, Habib Mehsud and Usman, Ghulam
Shabbir Sheikh, the Additional Inspector-General CID told
reporters today here.
The police claimed to have recovered suicide jackets and
ammunition from the four suspected militants.
The alleged terrorists were arrested from Valika
Hospital Manghopir and Suparco Chorwangi, Sheikh said.
"We have recovered two suicide vests, two BM missiles,
two rockets, four Kalashnikovs, six TT pistols and 200 bullets
from their possession," he added.
The top cop said the arrested TTP members were trained in
Waziristan and were wanted by police in cases related to
kidnapping and robbery.
He revealed that they had attacked security forces in
The CID had also arrested five members of the Punjabi
Taliban last week in Karachi including their head of
operations in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3