Pak: 4 suspected Tehreek-e-Taliban militants held
Karachi: The police on Thursday claimed to have arrested four suspected members of the banned Pakistani terror group Tehreek-e-Taliban, amid a massive drive to hunt them down in the country`s southern Sindh province.
The arrested militants include TTP, Karachi Chief Abdul
Qayyum Mehsud, Muhammad Sharif, Habib Mehsud and Usman, Ghulam
Shabbir Sheikh, the Additional Inspector-General CID told
reporters today here.
The police claimed to have recovered suicide jackets and
ammunition from the four suspected militants.
The alleged terrorists were arrested from Valika
Hospital Manghopir and Suparco Chorwangi, Sheikh said.
"We have recovered two suicide vests, two BM missiles,
two rockets, four Kalashnikovs, six TT pistols and 200 bullets
from their possession," he added.
The top cop said the arrested TTP members were trained in
Waziristan and were wanted by police in cases related to
kidnapping and robbery.
He revealed that they had attacked security forces in
The CID had also arrested five members of the Punjabi
Taliban last week in Karachi including their head of
operations in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie