Pak: 5 killed, 10 hurt as gunmen open fire at rally
Islamabad: Five persons were killed and 10 more injured when unidentified gunmen opened fire at a rally today in Sindh province that was being addressed by senior Pakistan People`s Party leader Nafisa Shah, officials said.
Shah escaped unhurt when the gunmen began firing at the rally in Khairpur area of Sindh this evening.
The motive behind the attack could not immediately be ascertained.
Several local leaders of the PPP were present at the rally.
Witnesses and official told TV news channels that a journalist was among the injured.
Shah is a member of the National Assembly or lower house of parliament and a former mayor of Khairpur district.
She is a campaigner for the rights of women and a member of several parliamentary committees. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!