Pak: 5 killed, 10 hurt as gunmen open fire at rally
Islamabad: Five persons were killed and 10 more injured when unidentified gunmen opened fire at a rally today in Sindh province that was being addressed by senior Pakistan People`s Party leader Nafisa Shah, officials said.
Shah escaped unhurt when the gunmen began firing at the rally in Khairpur area of Sindh this evening.
The motive behind the attack could not immediately be ascertained.
Several local leaders of the PPP were present at the rally.
Witnesses and official told TV news channels that a journalist was among the injured.
Shah is a member of the National Assembly or lower house of parliament and a former mayor of Khairpur district.
She is a campaigner for the rights of women and a member of several parliamentary committees. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket