Pak: 5 killed, 10 hurt as gunmen open fire at rally
Islamabad: Five persons were killed and 10 more injured when unidentified gunmen opened fire at a rally today in Sindh province that was being addressed by senior Pakistan People`s Party leader Nafisa Shah, officials said.
Shah escaped unhurt when the gunmen began firing at the rally in Khairpur area of Sindh this evening.
The motive behind the attack could not immediately be ascertained.
Several local leaders of the PPP were present at the rally.
Witnesses and official told TV news channels that a journalist was among the injured.
Shah is a member of the National Assembly or lower house of parliament and a former mayor of Khairpur district.
She is a campaigner for the rights of women and a member of several parliamentary committees. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach